Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Personal realization

So, you may have noticed an absence of posts from me recently. I assure you it's not because of lack of support of The Good One. I knew going into this project that I don't like a bunch of things in my pockets. I have a skinny wallet, I keep my keys to a minimum, and a I usually don't carry change around with me. So a pocket full of dollar coins was always a bit irritating to me. For a while I would carry 2 or 3 around and it wasn't too bad, but it also didn't result in many Good One transsactions. Eventually, I stopped tossing those couple of coins in my pocket in the morning, and here we are.

I completely support the replacement of the dollar bill with coins, but my application will be a bit different. To me, the dollar becomes change. I will toss it in the change can at night. My wallet will be populated with $5 bills and up and things will go on just fine. I'll fill that change can a bit faster and it will be more valuable, so I'll end up taking that to the bank a bit more often. I think it's a personal cost that's worth it for the overall savings that can be realized with the switch to the coin.

I hope there are others out there who this might be helpful to. You don't have to carry a sack of gold coins around like a character in a Tolkien story to support the cause.

1 comment:

Dave Rutan said...

Best way to support the good one is to use them. Until they discontinue the rag dollar no one is going to give you a good one in change. Long live the brass buck!