Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sarcasm and Eggs

I thought I had all the ingredients I needed for cookies, but having just returned from a vacation, realized that I didn't have a staple food -- eggs -- in the fridge. Fortunately there's a small grocery store just down the road, and they were open for another 30 minutes. I usually pay with my credit card for groceries, but I knew this would be a small transaction. Grabbing my keys and a few Good Ones, I headed out the door.

The eggs were more expensive than at the supermarket, but at $1.99, it was a perfect purchase amount for paying in coin. Plunking down two shiny golden discs garnered a moment of hesitation from the cashier. Then she offed an, "Oh, smooth." I couldn't quite tell if it was sarcasm, thinking I was "getting rid" of the dollar coins, or maybe it was a genuine response to the collected manner, suave stagger, and coin confidence that I exude.

But she didn't give me my penny in change, so I'll assume it was the former.


Tender: $2,
Response: Sarcasm?
ACI: 0.4

No comments: